Henry Winkler Read-Along, Magic, Games, and Prizes, Ongoing Live Shows, Combat Demos, Giveaways on Show Stages Provide Wizard World Fans with Non-Stop Entertainment All Weekend Long at Pennsylvania Convention Center.
PHILADELPHIA, May 15, 2018 (Newswire.com) - From a variety of music styles, trivia, dance and personality Kato Kaelin introducing it all, Wizard World (OTCBB: WIZD) today announced the highlights of its non-stop entertainment lineup at Wizard World Comic Con Philadelphia, this Thursday through Sunday at the Pennsylvania Convention Center in Center City Philadelphia. The initiative, designed to keep the show floor buzzing throughout the weekend, will feature national and local acts of all kinds, allowing fans to enjoy more of the best of pop culture during the events. All of the entertainment is included free with any admission to the show, unless noted, and is separate from the previously announced programming panel schedule.
The “Kids Zone” will also feature a variety of activities for the younger set, including face painting, balloon art, coloring, dance parties, Jedi Training, and read-alongs. The one and only Henry Winkler will also read from his award-winning "Hank Zipzer" series to kids on Sunday at 11:45 a.m.
The Entertainment Stage, introduced last year as an added feature to enhance the atmosphere at Wizard World events, has been a huge hit, with Kaelin serving as host, including trivia and giveaways right from the entertainment stage. The stage, located just inside the main entrance, is the hub for much of the rapidly-rotating schedule, with others spread around the show floor.
Among the highlights of the Wizard World Comic Con Philadelphia entertainment lineup are:
● Musicians Rock It Man Entertainment (dueling pianos, Thursday, Sunday), Thomas Ian Nicholas (acoustic, Thursday, Saturday), James Morris (guitar, Friday, Saturday, Sunday), The Big House Band (rock/pop, Friday), The Zings (rock, pop party, Saturday)
● Cos-Spray, the Art of Cosplay (Thursday, Friday, Sunday)
● Jedi Light Saber Show by the Saber Legion (all four days!)
● Wizard World Karaoke (Thursday, Saturday, sign up at the stage)
● The Goblin Cabaret, where sideshow and magic meet (Saturday)
● Live Sword Battle by the Battlesword Philly League (Saturday, Sunday)
● Brentalfloss singalong and interactive mad-lib (Friday, PG-13)
● Cosplay meetups (all four days)
● Kids Zone Entertainment including:
○ H.E.R.Os anti-bullying puppet show by Jester Puppets (all four days)
○ Jedi Training by Saber Legion (all four days)
○ Living Creature Show & tell by Insectarium and Butterfly Pavilion (all four days)
○ Storytime with Princess Ariel (Saturday)
○ Dance Party with The Legendary Outlaw Star Lord (Thursday)
○ Storytime with “The Fonz” and “Hank Zipzer” children’s book writer Henry Winkler (Sunday)
○ Harley Hula Hoop Time (Friday)
○ Balloon Animals & Characters by Stone Johnsen, Coloring Sheets, Face Painting by Marian’s Little People, Captain Kidd’s Full Pirate Ship (all four days)
● Trivia and DJ spinning all weekend
● Costume contest for adults (Saturday) and kids (Saturday and Sunday)
The full schedule of entertainment and programming can be found at http://wizardworld.com/programming-entertainment/Philadelphia.
Wizard World Comic Con events bring together thousands of fans of all ages to celebrate the best in pop culture: movies, television, gaming, live entertainment, comics, sci-fi, graphic novels, toys, original art, collectibles, contests and more. The fifth event scheduled on the 2018 Wizard World calendar, Philadelphia show hours are Thursday, May 17, 4-9 p.m.; Friday, May 18, noon-7 p.m.; Saturday, May 19, 10 a.m.-7 p.m.; Sunday, May 20, 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Kids 10 and under are admitted free with paid adult.
Wizard World Comic Con Philadelphia is also the place for cosplay, with fans young and old showing off their best costumes throughout the event. Fans dressed as every imaginable character – and some never before dreamed – will roam the convention floor and participate in the famed Wizard World Costume Contest on Saturday evening.
For more on the 2018 Wizard World Philadelphia, visit http://wizd.me/PhiladelphiaPR.
About Wizard World (OTCBB: WIZD)
Wizard World, Inc. (www.wizardworld.com) produces comic, gaming and pop culture conventions across North America that celebrate the best in pop culture: movies, television, gaming, live entertainment, tech, comics, sci-fi, graphic novels, toys, original art, collectibles, contests and more. A first-class lineup of topical programming and entertainment takes place at each event, with celebrity Q&A's, comics-themed sessions, costume contests, movie screenings, evening parties and more. Wizard World has also teamed with Sony Pictures Entertainment to find the next generation of movies as well as to engage in a number of strategic initiatives. Additional initiatives may include an augmented touring schedule of Wizard World shows, fixed-site installations, curated e-commerce, and the production and distribution of content both in the U.S. and internationally. Fans can interact with Wizard World at www.wizardworld.com and on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram and other social media services.
The 2018 Wizard World convention schedule is available at http://www.wizardworld.com/comiccon.
Jerry Milani, Wizard World, 646-883-5022 (o/txt), firstname.lastname@example.org
Jim DeLorenzo, Jim DeLorenzo Public Relations, 215-266-5943, email@example.com
Source: Wizard World